« Home | Thy leaves are so unchanging » | Happy Busiest Shopping Day! » | Top 5 » | I just wanna go home » | Hooky » | Birthday weekend » | Happy Birthday! .... just .... kidding » | Waiting waiting » | How much is that doggie in the window ... again » | Old dogs, new tricks »

Final list

After much pondering over cost, number of things, and what I am likely to get and not get here is my absolute final Christmas list. It's been edited and everything to try and include a range of items and of course, as always, I am not a material girl by any means. Any or none of these gifts are totally acceptable. * Diamond cross pendant ... either this one or this one ... I don't have a dying preference for either one in particular but I do want something that matches my wedding band and engagement ring to wear on a regular basis and now, having owned a diamond for a year, they sort of fascinate me. They like, sparkle and stuff. Who knew? * Various Steeler paraphenalia ... you can never have too much Steelers gear ... I'm specifically looking for a long sleeve Steeler t-shirt. * Also various UNC paraphenalia ... you can never be too big a Tar Heel fan! * Cooking supplies, now narrowed down to: a dutch oven, a food processor, wooden spoons and spatulas, a silicone cutting mat, and a cast iron skillet. * Old children's books series. I love them ... call it comfort food for the brain if you will. I read them over and over as a kid and as I've moved around I've lost some books of the series in some places and some have been read to pieces with the pages falling out so a new complete set would be nice. Not to mention complete. Anne of Green Gables .... and .... yes .... Little House on the Prairie and Little Women. A fascinating thing about the Little Women set - I didn't realize it was one big book. I wonder if they sell them separately. * Station Wagon - the Sara Groves "for parents" CD that I originally didn't think I wanted but after hearing her sing a song from the CD at the concert, I'm all about anything by Sara Groves! * Bible on CD - NLT translation. I am always looking for new ways to get into the Word. And if I can listen while driving, well there you go. * Stuff to buy winter clothes/dressy clothes. This is always such a battle. I love jeans and t-shirts and then I roll around to winter and find that I can't wear jeans and t-shirts all the time. * Books I want to read: - 23 days in July: Inside Lance Armstrong's Record-breaking Tour de France Victory - The Science of Harry Potter: How Magic Really Works - The Gospel According to Harry Potter - any of Charles Stanley's books including but not limited to: Living the Extraordinary Life, When the Enemy Strikes: Keys to Winning Your Spiritual Battles, and Finding Peace: God's Promise of a Life Free from Regret, Anxiety and Fear, How to Listen to God - Joyce Meyer's 2 devotional books: Starting Your Day Right and Ending Your Day Right * CDs I wish I had: - Miss Saigon - Les Miserables - Jeremy Camp's Restored CD - Casting Crowns' Lifesong CD * DVDs - Friends (any season) - Sex and the City (any season) - King of the Hill (any season) I think I've exhausted my brain. Putting DVDs on a Christmas list is always a bit of a hit or miss with us since we get awesome DVDs from my in-laws a lot but TV series DVDs are always a good bet since that gives us lots of options. Looking back it's a REALLY long list. The last two years are the only two years I've made Christmas lists since the proverbial "Dear Santa" writings in elementary school. But like I said, I don't go into these things hoping I'll get any or all, this is more for people who already want to buy me stuff and don't know what to get so I just figured I'd help.

hummm...and I was just wondering what to get you last night for Christmas:)

-mr. scott

and it won't be the diamond cross pendant

Post a Comment

Links