« Home | The loveliness of Sabrina » | December madness » | Rumbly in our tumblies » | Final list » | Thy leaves are so unchanging » | Happy Busiest Shopping Day! » | Top 5 » | I just wanna go home » | Hooky » | Birthday weekend »

The five people JJ hopes to meet in heaven

This weekend was again, busy busy busy. Saturday morning we helped with the newhope float for the Christmas parade and there were lots of cute kids there. Here's one, little cutie Meg: And then the Kelleys came and we tried to bury Caleb in leaves: Note Curtis' seemingly enormous foot kicking leaves onto Caleb. He actually stood there pretty still (Caleb, not Curtis) until the leaves got halfway up his chest. Then you could see the cogs working in his head and suddenly he started crying. I personally think he figured out that if he let himself get buried it wasn't going to work out for him. Then came the joy of Saturday night. We went to Chamas in Brightleaf Square for our annual pilgrimmage to a Brazilian steakhouse for Jamie's birthday. Here's JJ waiting for the meat: Of course I can't blame him for that look on his face. Because this is what came out very shortly thereafter: This is how it worked. They brought out big cuts of meet on a sword. And sliced it onto your plate. See those 4 cuts of meat? They were presented in order of done-ness: medium rare, medium, medium well, and well done. I, of course, went for as rare as possible. Like this: Doesn't that look incredibly good? JJ and I love red meat but we don't eat much of it - we're lucky if we get it twice a month. So this one time a year we splurge. And it was really really really good. I think JJ kind of hopes that this is what heaven is like. JJ's off to his annual Baseball winter meetings today and will be back Thursday night. Tonight the girls are coming over and tomorrow I have small group. Wednesday night I have the apartment to myself and Thursday he'll be home. Friday night we have the YA Christmas party and Sunday we have a meeting for the AV team. Whew!

Links