« Home | December madness » | Rumbly in our tumblies » | Final list » | Thy leaves are so unchanging » | Happy Busiest Shopping Day! » | Top 5 » | I just wanna go home » | Hooky » | Birthday weekend » | Happy Birthday! .... just .... kidding »

The loveliness of Sabrina

There are a few times in life when you look around and go "I've got an amazing bunch of friends." And if you're lucky, one of those friends is really one of those extra special people. I, for one, am in fact that lucky. Because Sabrina is one of those extra special people. I actually didn't know Sabrina very well at this time last year but what a difference a year makes. And I'd been keeping track of all the wonderful, nice things that Sabrina has done and then yesterday she did something that made me go "You know, she really deserves a blog entry all to herself." So here I am, blogging about Miss Sabrina. Or as I sometimes call her, smart Sabrina. When I asked Sabrina to be the matron of honor in my wedding (see our pretty picture?) I did it partly because I knew she'd do a great job and partly out of practicality (Sabrina is the most organized, calm, rational person you will ever meet. Or at least definitely in the top 3) but it turned out to be one of the best decisions I made for the wedding at all. She threw me a lovely red-and-gold shower with kitchen stuff as the theme. She and Jamie made the beautiful invitations. Then, she and her husband Steve spent many an hour teaching me and JJ to dance. She came with me to all my dress fittings. She tried on TONS of dresses to help decide which bridesmaids dresses to get. She went to cake tasting with us (although in retrospect, that was probably a privilege for her, rather than a chore - she got to taste about 10 kinds of cake and frosting all for free). And then the day OF the wedding she carried around my stuff, made sure I didn't forget anything, got the dress on me and made sure stuff happened on time. And then AFTER the wedding she waited around for the tuxes and turned them in for us. Not a glitch in any of it. Not a one. Sabrina's also one of those people that just doesn't get stressed out. Which, for people in the world like me, is an amazing trait to have. She does tons and tons and tons of stuff! It makes me tired just to think of what stuff Sabrina has done. She showed up at my house one day with my wedding bouquet dried and put in a vase of red and silvery marbles. I didn't know she was doing that. One day, JJ and I both had to work, Sabrina had the day off, so she dropped by with dinner. And of course, it's not just me. If you missed it, Sabrina made 30 cakes for Rachel's birthday. From scratch. Different flavors. 30 cakes! See the 30 cakes?!? And then yesterday I was asking her stuff about face wash because mine has caused a minefield to be planted on my forehead and we were talking about the one I had bought that didn't do its job. And I said something like, "Well I'm not sure they'd let me return it." and Sabrina said, "I'll do it for you if you don't want to." Who does that? Who offers to run other people's errands when she's already one of the busiest people in the whole world? Sabrina, that's who! I'm pretty sure that Sabrina knows how much she's appreciated around here. But given the last year of getting to know her and being friends with her I just figured it was about time that I told her how much I appreciate and love her. There's no one quite like Sabrina - she's special!

Wow, thank you! :) You make me sound really good.

Post a Comment

Links