« Home | The five people JJ hopes to meet in heaven » | The loveliness of Sabrina » | December madness » | Rumbly in our tumblies » | Final list » | Thy leaves are so unchanging » | Happy Busiest Shopping Day! » | Top 5 » | I just wanna go home » | Hooky »

That don't keep me warm in the middle of the night

Last night Jamie and Michele and Dylan came over and we hung out, drank wine, listened to music on Jamie's new video iPod (*Angela drools, shakes self denial at herself, and forces herself out of her reverie*) and made Christmas cookies. We just used the ready-to-bake-already-shaped Pillsbury sugar cookies, baked them up and then we put frosting on them and Dylan put red and green sprinkles on them. Speaking of sprinkles, I now have 2 jars of sprinkles, one red and one green, that are 2/3 full. I never use sprinkles for anything. This may have been the first time I've used sprinkles ever. I hope they keep. After the girls and Dylan left, I talked to my mom for a little bit and then JJ and I talked until I went to bed. I've discovered that during the day, right up until the moment I crawl into bed and go "OK, time to go to sleep" I am totally and completely fine. In fact, I kind of like having all this space to myself, watching (and recording) whatever I want on Tivo for the next few days, eating meals I normally wouldn't have if JJ were here (yesterday for lunch I had a really good tomato and mozzarella salad that I put cucumbers into and plain chicken soup), and relaxing on the couch where I can stretch out, or even reading (I'm working my way back through the Harry Potter books, not to mention the New Testament - I'm probably going to miss my goal of "Read the New Testament by Christmas" but I'll hit "Read the New Testament by New Year's") and having the TV on at the same time. Tonight after small group I might finally break out Final Fantasay X and start playing it since I've been so flipping busy that I haven't had a chance to play it since my brother got it for me for our wedding (JJ got a flashy computer case, as in a tower cover). I suck at video games, though, so I'll probably have to have the instruction manual not that far away. My whole point of this little rant was that during the day I rather enjoy being alone. Not that I don't love being married but this is the first time we've been apart since the wedding and during the day it's kind of nice. Night, however, is a totally different story. I suddenly became aware of how very large a queen size mattress is, how loud the cars outside really are, and how cold it can get if the blankets aren't tucked around you just right and there's no one else to give off body heat. On the other hand, once I fell asleep, sleep is sleep, and here I am awake ready to head off to work. Speaking of which ... I suppose I ought to ... yeah, head off to work.

Serving wine to a child! What kind of monster are you?!?

Post a Comment

Links