« Home | And he took the children in his arms, put his hand... » | The Not-So-Traditional Easter » | Because I have nothing else to say » | Bring it » | Come on and Walk this way » | I dreamed I saw eleven stars » | Play ball! » | The cool thing was neither did I » | There's more to a girl than a really great pair of... » | I want to play too »

Boggle and baseball

Last night we had a nice low-key evening. We had paninis for dinner (JJ had meatball and I had turkey ranch and swiss) and then watched the Braves game on TV. Which brings me to my next pondering point. I decided this year I'm going to become a baseball fan. And I decided that the best way to do that was to root for a specific teams. I then decided that I should root for a team that I had some sort of connection with in the past and I decided on the St. Louis Cardinals since I watched them play in college. Well, I've since discovered a problem with that decision: if you live in North Carolina, you never see the Cardinals play. Unless it's a nationally televised night game or something. On the other hand, we get almost every single Braves game because they are shown on TBS down here in the Southeast. Last night I was chatting with Fogle's girlfriend Sandra, who is a hard core Mets fan, and she said that if I became a Braves fan she cannot support that. So now I have to decide, which one is more important - Sandra or baseball. I'm leaning towards the Braves on this one, though. Sandra is one of the goodest, sweetest, funnest girls I have ever had the pleasure to know and she and Fogle are so happy which makes me think, since she has Fogle, she doesn't need me to be a Mets fan! ;-) She has to convert Fogle first! Yeah I think I'm going with the Braves on this one. Which is exciting because that means there are 4 games in the next week I can watch, starting tomorrow. Yay! After we watched the Mets beat the Braves 4-3 last night, with Pedro Martinez getting his 200th career win, JJ and I played Boggle. It was SO MUCH FUN. And we are BIG DORKS. Yes we are. I envision us playing lots of Boggle in the future.

lol, I think I said I can support your becoming a baseball fan but I'm not going to encourage you to like the Braves... :) But I understand your reasoning, and respect that. We can totally still talk during games! Mets play the braves some ridiculous number of times again this year so I'm sure we'll be able to chat during a game again! :)

As far as boggle goes -- good choice! Michael and I bought boggle this past weekend and then hung out in a park in Hartford to play for a while. It was fun, but I totally kicked his butt! I'm sure he'll get back at me next time we play. :) It's almost as fun as scrabble! (Well, not really... but it's another fun word game.)

I'm too embarassed to blog until the mets win another game... but I'm glad to read all of your entries! :)

Post a Comment

Links