Raindrops keep falling on my head
After getting to bed later than I really wanted to because JJ's friends are here to visit, I wake up at about 12:45 to *drip* *drip* *drip*. I love thunderstorms, I love rain and I love the sound it all makes. I DO NOT like the sound of the thunderstorm coming into my house. In our bedroom (thankfully not right over our bed) we have a leak. It dripped. Then, it ran, like a little faucet in our house. Then, it dripped some more. And spread. Then, the ceiling got mushy. Thankfully, the ceiling did not fall down. Whew. I call the emergency maintenence people and I'm not kidding, I'm telling them what's going on and the guy on the other line says this,"Sounds like you've got a roof leak." Noooo, really? In the maintenence guy's defense, it was 1:30 in the morning and there was really nothing he could have done about it at that hour. My suspicion is that the light touch from Tropical Storm Ernesto on Friday probably damaged our roof. The heavy rains from last night did the rest. Hopefully, they'll get it fixed soon. And by "soon" I mean "before there's more rain." The good news is that it stopped dripping sometime after 2 am. The bad news is I slept less than 5 hours last night. Oh and as an aside ... Who did JJ and I think of last night when our ceiling sprung a leak? We looked at each other and were like "I feel like Scott ... where are the bees?" But that's another story.
I feel your pain. My roof leaked last night as well. Went to bed around 2:00am. Leaky roofs seem to follow me wherever I go.
-Scott
Posted by
Anonymous |
9/05/2006 10:15:00 AM
i am telling you, angela - (this is in response to your 'best face forward' post) - almay 1-2-3...they have it for oily, normal or dry skin, and it is FANTASTIC!
and btw - it's my first time here at your blog...lovely lovely! :)
Posted by
111 |
9/07/2006 07:54:00 AM