Gotta go gotta go gotta go
For a long time now I have not had a "I-gotta-go-see-this-movie-RIGHT-NOW" kind of reaction to a trailer. I had the food network on while I'm cleaning out the refrigerator and there came a trailer for a movie called {proof}. It stars Jake Gyllenhaal and Gwyneth Paltrow and is about a woman who's father was an amazing mathematician (I love mathematician movies -- last good one was A Beautiful Mind) but goes a little crazy towards the end of his life. I'm not sure what Jake Gyllenhaal's role is yet but I'm suspecting that it's love interest. What else would it be, right? But Jake Gyllenhaal is always in the most amazing or at least thought-provoking movies including October Sky and Donnie Darko. The crazy/brilliant dad is played by Anthony Hopkins. The pre-release buzz is that this might make Gwyneth an Oscar contender. It's set to be released on September 16th which is a Friday. We're going to be pretty busy that weekend but I'm hoping we can squeeze it in. It looks amazing.
It's actually a play, and Paltrow starred in it (in London). Jakey-poo is her love interest, yes. Anthony Hopkins plays the father, and I think he'll do an excellent job.
Posted by
Sabrina |
9/01/2005 03:56:00 PM