« Home | My prize » | C is for cooky ... » | Name that baby » | Ah-choo! » | To the victims » | Movin' on out » | "It's happening not that far from us ... and we're... » | The worst storm there ever was » | Gotta go gotta go gotta go » | Hair today, gone tomorrow »

Book crushes

Thanks to Amanda, here's an unusual disclosure. Crushes on boys from childhood books. I have to admit, though, that Amanda has good taste. Or maybe we're both just nerds. Anyway, I don't think I could come up with 10 so I'll just go until I run out. 1. Gilbert Blythe from Anne of Green Gables. He was so ... I dunno, nice. And he wanted to go to medical school and he was so devoted. 2. Billy Colman from Where the Red Fern Grows. He loved those dogs. And the dogs died! 3. Dickon from The Secret Garden. Boy who loved animals and came to keep Mary company and helped heal Colin. What's not to like? 4. Jeffrey "Maniac" Magee from Maniac Magee. Remember that book? Maniac was an orphan who loved to run and finally found a black family (Maniac was white) to take him in? He was allergic to pizza. 5. The oldest boy from the Boxcar children series. I can't even remember his name. But he was so responsible. And took such good care of his brother and sisters. 6. Encyclopedia Brown. I'm with Amanda - I started liking the smart nerdy boys early. That's all I can come up with at the moment ............ who were your book crushes?

I think his name was Henry.

-Amanda

Post a Comment

Links