Thursday
It's ... only Thursday. I feel like I have been working nonstop for weeks now. In actuality it's just been since we moved 2 weeks ago. We're still trying to clean out the old place but that should finish up tonight. And we're still trying to unpack the new place, which should be finished up soon. Tomorrow, my in-laws arrive in the afternoon. Jackie has a book conference in Winston-Salem, which is about an hour from here, so they figured they'd come up and visit since they would be around anyway. It's the first time we've seen them since we've been "in-lawed" and I'm not sure what to expect other than the usual. When we went back to Wichita to see my parents in August, JJ had been "in-lawed" for a little over a month and that went fine so I'm sure this will go fine, too. On the other hand, they're visiting my house, instead of vice versa, so you'll understand if there's a twinge of nervousness there. But it's the usual Cooper-whirlwind visit it seems. In on Friday, visit on Saturday, out on Sunday after church. Curtis called last night and asked me to play on a feature piece on Sunday morning. As I told Sabrina, why is it that our pastors are so charismatic that they can be persuasive without even trying? I personally find that unfair because it makes it REALLY hard to say no. But it's okay. I'll be playing on an old school hymn and it will be pretty as it will be largely just me, Curtis and the piano, and I haven't played in awhile so it will be fun, too. I just have to get through my 10+ hour workday today, the cleaning we have to do tonight, and then things will settle down for awhile.
My garden tub misses me. It told me so this morning. Don't worry garden tub, I'll be back soon.
And there ya go - a random post because I have about 15 minutes to kill before a meeting and nothing to do.