« Home | Doggie doggie » | On the level » | Just for now » | Thursday » | What the children think » | Weekend of go-go-go-go » | Book crushes » | My prize » | C is for cooky ... » | Name that baby »

Weekend update with Angela Cooper

I'm no Chevy Chase or Norm McDonald but I promised an update about the in-laws' visit so here it is. Jackie and Terry got in Friday afternoon so while JJ was still at work I put together bruschetta and lasagna and cherry pie for dinner. When JJ got home we had dinner which was lovely and then Jackie got his birthday present from JJ and me: a blue pullover sweater that was really soft from the Gap. We lounged around for the rest of the night and watched old episodes of Friends on the Tivo. On Saturday morning Jackie left for SEBA in Winston-Salem and JJ and Terry and I set off on our day. We went to CPK for lunch and then went and finished cleaning out our old apartment. After that was the shopping spree of the weekend - curtains, slipcovers, coffe table and end tables - and we came home to put all the stuff together. JJ and Terry and I went to Kanki for dinner and then Jackie came home late. Sunday morning I played for a feature piece at church with Curtis so it was up early for me. We rehearsed at 7:15 then I came back and the 4 of us went out to breakfast where I had an omelette, biscuits and home fries. Yum. I can't do that often, but country style breakfasts are my favorite. Note the lack of sweet breakfast foods. Jackie and Terry left right after chuch, we got to see our Gibson/Forrest clan kids and no, Kim has not had the baby yet. She's still in there. We're waiting. Sunday afternoon was NFL football in front of the TV. I fell asleep with about 5 minutes left in the third quarter. The score didn't change (27-7 Steelers over Texans) so I didn't miss much but I've been exhausted and have been ever since this weekend. Recovery weekend here I come. Kinda. We're on tech duty Sunday. But we should be okay. I'm trading decent writing style for information. My apologies.

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Stream of concsiousness (sp?) is a favorite of Sabrina and me. It is an excellent way to get out true feelings or massive information quickly... write straight from your mind to fingers with little or no filter and little or no grammar. Love it.

Post a Comment

Links