Finding peace
When you find out news like I did tonight it makes you think. And this is what I thought of - Benji preached about lightening the load. It says in Matthew that if we are tired, Jesus will give us rest. Psalm 23 gives us that promise. Take rest and comfort in the Lord always. This is a version of the psalm that was translated and re-interpreted from Japanese. Our prayers to David and his mom - may you find peace and comfort.
“The Lord is my pacesetter, I shall not rush. He makes me stop and rest for quiet intervals. He provides me with images of stillness, which restore my serenity. He leads me in the way of efficiency through calmness of mind and His guidance is peace. Even though I have a great many things to accomplish this day I will not fret for His presence is here. His timeless all importance will keep me in balance. He prepares a refreshment and renewal in the presence of my activity by anointing my mind with His oil of tranquility. My cup of joyous energy overflows. Surely harmony and effectiveness shall be the fruit of my hours for I shall walk in the pace of my Lord forever.”
When you read things like this, you have to believe that God will take care of us forever. Even when your life feels like it's been flipped upside down; when your life feels out of control. No matter what, He'll be there.