« Home | Beginnings » | The universe may not always play fair ... but at l... » | That don't keep me warm in the middle of the night » | The five people JJ hopes to meet in heaven » | The loveliness of Sabrina » | December madness » | Rumbly in our tumblies » | Final list » | Thy leaves are so unchanging » | Happy Busiest Shopping Day! »

Everywhere you go

The YA Christmas party was this past Friday and it was very well done. Granted, I didn't know about half of the people there, but the half I did know seemed to have a good time. In the white elephant gift exchange we got a Nutcracker doll. Kim and Howard brought it. Then after the party we went to City Beverage. I hadn't been in awhile so that was fun. Saturday, in retrospect, wasn't that busy. But it felt like it I think because we were moving around a lot and changing location a lot. First we met Sabrina at the church, then we had lunch with Heidi, then we worked out, we threw together leftovers for dinner, and then I think we watched a movie on TV and went to bed. Not very exciting I know. Sunday was a totally different story. Church, worked a hopetown service, came home, made lunch, made snacks for our AVL team meeting during the Bears-Steelers game (Steelers 21, Bears 9), went to the AVL meeting, came home, wrapped all our Christmas presents (for other people - I shipped JJ's directly to Perry and I know he hasn't gotten me mine yet), and by then it was 10:30. It was one of those days where time goes shooting by and you don't notice till the day is over. This week is finals week at UNC which means I get to work in my pajamas, from my couch, all week long, which is nice. Thursday is JJ's office party and Saturday Jamie and Rob are coming over for their gift exchange with us, Sunday the lovely Jamie and Rob are babysitting the Mulder girls so Steve, Sabrina, Curtis and Rae can come over for dinner, and then suddenly we're less than a week from Christmas. I'm not really sure how that happens but there you go, we're currently less than 2 weeks from Christmas. While the parties and other goings-on put a lot of things on our schedules, I really do enjoy this time of year because it gives us excuses to hang out together and give each other presents and just have a good time. Not that we should need an excuse to do that on a regular basis, but people seem more willing to crowd their schedules with social events if the words "Christmas party" are involved. Good friends, good food, good fun. I know that's not what Christmas is all about, but it's a good bonus.

Links