« Home | That don't keep me warm in the middle of the night » | The five people JJ hopes to meet in heaven » | The loveliness of Sabrina » | December madness » | Rumbly in our tumblies » | Final list » | Thy leaves are so unchanging » | Happy Busiest Shopping Day! » | Top 5 » | I just wanna go home »

The universe may not always play fair ... but at least it's got a hell of a sense of humor

It's snowing and sleeting in Dallas where JJ is. Although reportedly that shouldn't be an issue by the time he flies out tomorrow at 11:15 am. Which is good because while the emptiness has been somewhat nice, I miss him and not only do I like having him around but he comes in quite handy. Today, for the first time since the marathon allergy appointment I had a few months ago, I went running outdoors. Just under 3/4 of a mile out on the road, I slipped on some pine needles, my foot went off the asphalt path, I twisted my ankle and skinned my left knee. And that wasn't even the fun part. The fun part was that after I fell off the path, twisted my ankle and skinned my knee I had to hobble back home. I made the command decision of not taking off my shoe when I got home, instead I grabbed my keys and hobbled back down the stairs. First order of business was to get an elastic bandage for my ankle and some bandages and tape for my torn up knee. That done, I finally had a chance to shower and wash up - which was interesting trying to keep the water away from the hole in my left knee while not putting weight on my right ankle - and then I made dinner. Finally I sat down, wrapped the ankle and bathed it in ice. That's what I'm still doing. My toes are getting cold. Time to watch UNC-SLU though.

Dude, when your husband is out of town and you hurt yourself, you call Sabrina and she comes over with bandages and neosporin. Have you not learned anything from our friendship?

Post a Comment

Links