Odds and ends
Just the basics today ... nothing exciting ...
-This year I'm going to try and pick up a baseball team and have JJ teach me about the intricacies of the game. Now, to be realistic, I am not going to be able to watch every game. There are something like 160+ games a season and there's just no way I'll be able to catch them all. But I'll watch the ones I can and somehow, I bet I can talk JJ into watching it with me, too. Plus, I think we're going to try and get to some Carolina games since both of us can get in for free (student and media passes). I've learned football and while I've always been apathetic towards baseball and wrote it off as boring, I watched a few playoff games last year and it does get pretty interesting.
-They (as in "America") voted Ayla off American Idol. I was furious. She's my favorite. The good news is she has a full scholarship to Boston College to play basketball and I think the experience probably did her good. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't deluded into thinking she was going to win it all - she didn't have the stage presence or confidence to do that - but I thought she should have made it into the top 12 for sure. But I guess that means I have to keep rooting for the others I enjoy: Katharine, Mandisa, and Lisa on the girls' side and on the boys' side Ace and Elliott. Next week they're doing Stevie Wonder and Elliott already did Stevie Wonder last week and was AMAZING so I'm looking forward to that.
-I'm trying to decide whether I want to try doing a flower box on our back porch for spring. I better decide soon, though, otherwise I'll be behind. At this point I'm too far behind for the early spring flowers like pansies but whatever they are need to be outside and hopefully not attract stinging insects. I might consider a nice green leafy thing for inside if I can find something suitable.
-This coming week is spring break. I have some work to do for the class I teach and for the classes I'm taking but by working half a day it ensures some lovely sleeping in and video game time. Today I think I'm off to the video store to rent something and then play some GameCube. Last night JJ and I played for awhile and we hadn't in a long time and it was great.
Video game time is a very important. Do not underestimate the power of video games. As you can see, if you neglect them, you will realize what good times you're missing out on.
FYI, Super Mario Strikers (Mario Soccer) got some good reviews. Also, Pikmin 2 is a fun cooperative game if you're feeling more loving with JJ, but it has a learning curve, so make sure you get a long rental with that game. Mario Party's are ALWAYS good.
Posted by
Steve (Oz) |
3/12/2006 09:07:00 AM
If you pick the Mets, you can follow along on my blog. :)
Posted by
springsandra |
3/13/2006 09:04:00 PM