I can feel them flying
It's been a long long long long time. For me. Since I blogged I mean. Oh well. But what does it tell you that it's 6:45 in the morning and that's when I've decided to blog because that's when I have time?
The good thing is ... not much has been going on that's really that earth-shattering. Last night we went over to Benji and Amy Lynn's amazing house for their daughter, Anna Grace's, 9th birthday party. We got Anna Grace books. Lots of books. They were some of my favorites in the 4th and 5th grade and I feel like Anna Grace is much smarter than I was when I was that age so I went ahead and bought them even though she's only a 3rd grader. They were all Roald Dahl - Matilda, James and the Giant Peach, and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Modern classics loved by all, if I do say so myself. For dinner Benji grilled chicken marinated in something tropical tasting and while I'm not big on fruit flavored main courses, it was pretty good. The crowning jewel of the night, and Rachel agrees with me - just ask her, was the corn-and-mandarin-orange slaw. Again, note my usual distaste for fruit flavored dishes that were originally salty but this was the best slaw I'd had in some time. We came home after Anna Grace opened presents.
If you read Sabrina's Blog you'll see that she did a 101 in 1001 update. If you read the comments on Sabrina's Blog you'll see that even though I was the one that gave her the idea, my list has fallen by the wayside. Not only that, but I can't find it anymore. So this weekend I will be posting 50 in 50. 50 things I want to do in 50 months. I feel like, for me, this is a much more realistic goal. I also feel like my life is tons more stable than it was when I wrote the original list about 15 months. Some things, like see one of Genna's dance recitals or gymnastics performances, will remain the same. Others will go away. And some will hold more promise than they did in May of 2005. So we'll see.
I'm blissfully enjoying school. Last week we did the chapel program and my third graders were lovely. I'm so blessed. We also finished (mostly) our quilt project for our fall benefit and auction. My amazing room moms have offered to put together a quilt depicting Jesus' life story and have each of the students, plus me and the principal, draw a square. The kids finished their squares Friday. I finished mine yesterday afternoon. We should see the quilt in a couple of weeks. If you're interested in bidding for the quilt at auction let me know.