For the love of food
We were Busy this weekend. Busy with a capital B. We left Saturday morning and went to lunch. Then we ran errands for 4 hours. Actually, 4 and a half hours. But we got tons done. All our Christmas shopping is under the tree, wrapped and ready to be taken down to Perry. I've been showing off what JJ got me because I just think it's so cool. And yes, I know exactly what I'm getting for Christmas from him. I'm not a big fan of surprises, especially for presents, because I'm so picky about things working or being useful, so I prefer it this way. I will post pictures of exactly what I got when I open them on Christmas morning, though. I know of three presents about which I am totally thrilled. He might end up getting me a surprise he says. We'll see. I'm perfectly happy either way. On Saturday night Jamie and Rob came over and we opened presents. Rob got JJ a model airplane. And got one for himself. And then went outside to fly them. As soon as they left I turned to Jamie and pointed out that someone was going to end up getting bonked in the head with a plane or a wheel mark on the backside or something. I was sort of right. About 20 minutes later they came back up and JJ said, "Mine's on the roof." I about died laughing. Sunday was church day, Steelers-Vikings, 18-3. Go Steelers! Then Sabrina and Steve, Curtis and Rachel came over for a preview of Christmas dinner on Saturday. It wasn't great but I learned some stuff to make dinner better on Saturday. I was, however, very pleased with the way that the chicken turned out. For a first try at roasted chicken it was very good. Ice cream sundaes finished off the meal and we love hanging out with the Australies and the Mulders because we laugh and laugh and laugh. They are fun to hang out with and Rachel and Curtis are such gifted story tellers that they make sound everyday life sound like a fantastic adventure. Today was Christmas lunch with Sabrina at my favorite lunch place - Mad Hatter's. We did presents. We figured JJ and Steve would neither care nor want to exchange presents so we just did presents ourselves. I got Sabrina a bar set for making cosmopolitans, including sugar for the rim, and Sabrina got me a full set of wooden cookware and silicone chopping mats. My kitchen keeps growing and I love it. It means I can be a lot more versatile and more experimental. I love cooking. And JJ loves eating. What a perfect match.