Just one more thing
I rejoined the gym last week and it's been quite lovely. Seriously. I'm lifting weights again and I'm spending a lot of quality time with the ellipticals because of the ankle I twisted last week. Today I might try some jogging on the treadmill. Anyway, I miss not being in shape. It's not like I'm horrified by the way I look or the way I do things or how much I weigh ... I'm not. But I miss being able to look at something and pick it up regardless of whether it's 10 pounds or 70. I miss having some muscle tone. I miss being able to grab my running shoes and just take off for 3 or 4 miles on a nice day (assuming, of course, that I don't fall down!). So anyway, after rejoining the gym I pulled out my old duffel, the one I used to use for swimming trips/on deck at meets in college and sniffed ... and eeeeeew. It smelled. It smelled bad. So after three days of Febreze-ing and scrubbing and vacuuming, it ... still smells. I was going to post a desire for a new duffel on the blog today but I mentioned it to JJ ... and he bought it for me for Christmas already! He got it online and found a coupon code that saved him 15 dollars and shipping and the colors I originally wanted, navy and seaweed, weren't available until January 6. I need the bag before that so he got me the Eddie Bauer small gear duffel in chambray blue. This time I'll Febreze it regularly so it never gets this foul. Yuck.
Last night was JJ's office party. They rented out the backroom at Tyler's Taproom in downtown Durham. There was food (quesadillas, homemade chips, 5 different types of sandwiches, 4 types of salad, 2 types of dessert) and the old school multicade console with Pac-man and Dig Dug and Galaga and my favorite, Frogger. I loved Frogger as a kid. My aunt had it on her computer and every time we went to her house we got to play. Finally, after awhile, we got it on one of those big 5 1/4 inch floppy disks and put it on our computer. Last night I sucked at Frogger. I was terrible at it. And after 3 games I figured out why. When you play on the computer one tap on the arrow key
moves the frog exactly one block over, up, or down. With the joystick, not so much. I died a LOT - like 2 dollars worth - and then finally gave up. John and JJ had a Galaga showdown. And JJ got demolished. He says I wasn't very supportive. But in my defense, he stood over my shoulder while I plugged away at Frogger and said things like "You're not very good at this" or "Oh, you died again" and "You know, at least for Galaga I'm getting more bang for my buck." These were all true statements. However, saying I wasn't being supportive about his Galaga battle was not entirely fair. By the end of the evening I was tired even though it had been a pretty good time. I'm sure I'll end up going next year, too.
Copycat. I asked for that duffel.
Posted by
Sarah |
12/16/2005 11:37:00 AM
To be fair, I didn't want it in that particular blue, I had a preference for navy. However, yes you asked for it. Why spend the time looking for a decent duffel when someone else has done the work for you?
Posted by
Mrs. Cooper |
12/16/2005 11:42:00 AM
I see how it is with you. Let me do the work. You reap the rewards.
Posted by
Sarah |
12/16/2005 04:43:00 PM
How is this different from me asking you for say a good pizza recipe or a good workout?
Posted by
Mrs. Cooper |
12/16/2005 05:46:00 PM
It's not. SARCASM. It doesn't come across too well in writing.
Posted by
Sarah |
12/16/2005 09:35:00 PM